We encourage all New Zealanders to plan well before you go overseas. See our Before you go checklist. For information on consular services we can provide if you do run into trouble overseas see Our services and for where to find your nearest New Zealand Embassy see New Zealand Embassies.
The following websites contain information for New Zealanders with disabilities including some information which may be useful for New Zealanders with disabilities who are planning overseas travel.
- www.weka.net.nz - New Zealand’s disability information website.
- www.enable.co.nz - Enable New Zealand – one provider of health related equipment and environmental disability supports
- www.nzrelay.co.nz – New Zealand Relay. Provides assistance for hearing and speech impaired people to make telephone calls
- www.odi.govt.nz – focal point in the New Zealand government on disability issues
- The Chief Electoral Office (CEO) publishes information on their website www.elections.org.nz - this includes information for voters with disabilities.