Official advice for New Zealanders living and travelling overseas

Travelling with children

New Zealanders travelling with children need to be aware that some countries require a letter of consent and/or other documentation in order to depart that country. Children travelling alone or with one parent may be required to provide a letter of consent from the non-travelling parent(s), as well as a birth certificate upon departure. For further information, contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of the country your child will be travelling to.

Entry of foreign minors to the Philippines

The Philippine Bureau of Immigration has strict rules governing the entry into the Philippines of foreign-national minors who are not accompanied by, or returning to, a parent resident in the country. Foreign minors will only be allowed entry into the Philippines after payment of a fee of P3,120 (payable in local currency only) and the retention of the minor’s passport, arrival card and a copy of the airline ticket. An official receipt for the fee and passport will be provided and the passport returned upon the minor’s departure from the Philippines. Upon departure, the airline ticket and official receipt will be needed to gain access to the airport and retrieve the passport prior to check-in. Parents should ensure the minor has a copy of their passport which can be used for identification purposes during their stay.

Related links

Other pages in this section: