Major wildfires have been affecting Northern and Southern California, Oregon and Washington state. Details of affected areas, health services, preparedness information, and emergency shelters can be found on the State of California emergency response portal, Oregon Governor's wildfire resource page and the Washington Governor's wildfire resource page. Local power companies may cut power across various locations in the state in an attempt to prevent wildfires.
We recommend monitoring the media to keep up to date with local developments and to follow any instructions issued by the local authorities such as Fire and Rescue services (including evacuation orders). Be aware that air quality in some areas may become poor due to smoke.
Any New Zealanders requiring consular assistance should contact the New Zealand Consulate-General in Los Angeles on +1 310 566 6555 or at email@example.com (California) or the New Zealand Embassy in Washington D.C - Tel: +1 202 328 4800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Zealanders in California, Oregon and Washington state are advised to update their registration information or take this opportunity to register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade - https://register.safetravel.govt.nz/login
Reviewed:5 Oct 2020, 10:47
Latest News features
- Cook Islands: Quarantine-Free TravelPosted: 6 May 2021, 14:19 NZST
- Australia: Quarantine-Free TravelReviewed: 28 April 2021, 15:15 NZST
- Restrictions for travellers from 'very high risk' countriesReviewed: 28 April 2021, 15:12 NZST
- Myanmar: Security situationReviewed: 19 April 2021, 10:25 NZST
- COVID-19: Advice for New Zealanders OverseasReviewed: 15 February 2021, 09:36 NZDT