The world is responding to an active outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We currently advise that all New Zealanders do not travel overseas at this time due to the outbreak of COVID-19, associated health risks and travel restrictions. Due to the difficulty travellers are experiencing returning home, some New Zealanders overseas may need to stay safely where they are.
Up to date advice for New Zealanders who are currently overseas can be found here. For information about managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) in New Zealand please refer to the MIQ website. For information on border restrictions in New Zealand see the Immigration New Zealand website and factsheet on COVID-19. You can also call Immigration New Zealand on 0508 225 288 (within New Zealand) or +64 9 952 1679 (outside New Zealand).
Reviewed:13 Aug 2020, 17:20
Latest News features
- Australia: Tropical Cyclone SerojaPosted: 9 April 2021, 15:50 NZST
- Australia: Quarantine-Free TravelReviewed: 6 April 2021, 16:50 NZST
- Myanmar: Security situationReviewed: 1 April 2021, 15:40 NZDT
- COVID-19: Advice for New Zealanders OverseasReviewed: 15 February 2021, 09:36 NZDT
- United States: 2020 Presidential ElectionsReviewed: 29 January 2021, 09:50 NZDT