Other countries' border control authorities may refuse entry to New Zealand citizens with a criminal record, in accordance with their regulations. This may be regardless of the seriousness of the crime the New Zealander committed, or how much time has passed since the conviction occurred. All New Zealand citizens with a criminal record are urged to consult with the relevant country's embassy or immigration authority to check that they meet the host country's visa requirements well in advance of their travel.
The New Zealand government cannot resolve immigration violation issues for New Zealand travellers.
Posted:15 Mar 2016, 10:39
Latest News features
- Israel, the Occupied Palestinian Territories and Lebanon: Security SituationReviewed: 22 November 2023, 14:29 NZDT
- Solomon Islands: Pacific Games 2023Posted: 1 November 2023, 10:39 NZDT
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 26 October 2023, 14:45 NZDT
- Viet Nam: Motorcycle TravelPosted: 20 September 2023, 13:25 NZST
- Niger: Security SituationPosted: 2 August 2023, 10:52 NZST