Other countries' border control authorities may refuse entry to New Zealand citizens with a criminal record, in accordance with their regulations. This may be regardless of the seriousness of the crime the New Zealander committed, or how much time has passed since the conviction occurred. All New Zealand citizens with a criminal record are urged to consult with the relevant country's embassy or immigration authority to check that they meet the host country's visa requirements well in advance of their travel.
The New Zealand government cannot resolve immigration violation issues for New Zealand travellers.
Posted:15 Mar 2016, 10:39
Latest News features
- Vanuatu: Tropical Cyclone KevinReviewed: 9 March 2023, 11:37 NZDT
- Peru: DemonstrationsReviewed: 16 February 2023, 11:27 NZDT
- Türkiye: 7.8 and 7.7 EarthquakesPosted: 13 February 2023, 14:27 NZDT
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 30 January 2023, 16:00 NZDT
- Outbreaks of PolioReviewed: 20 December 2022, 09:32 NZDT