Other countries' border control authorities may refuse entry to New Zealand citizens with a criminal record, in accordance with their regulations. This may be regardless of the seriousness of the crime the New Zealander committed, or how much time has passed since the conviction occurred. All New Zealand citizens with a criminal record are urged to consult with the relevant country's embassy or immigration authority to check that they meet the host country's visa requirements well in advance of their travel.
The New Zealand government cannot resolve immigration violation issues for New Zealand travellers.
Posted:15 Mar 2016, 10:39
Latest News features
- California: WildfiresReviewed: 14 August 2020, 09:12 NZST
- COVID-19: Advice for New Zealanders OverseasReviewed: 13 August 2020, 17:34 NZST
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus)Reviewed: 13 August 2020, 17:20 NZST
- Hong Kong: Demonstrations and National Security LegislationReviewed: 13 August 2020, 17:12 NZST
- Protests and Demonstrations around the United StatesReviewed: 13 August 2020, 17:10 NZST