Other countries' border control authorities may refuse entry to New Zealand citizens with a criminal record, in accordance with their regulations. This may be regardless of the seriousness of the crime the New Zealander committed, or how much time has passed since the conviction occurred. All New Zealand citizens with a criminal record are urged to consult with the relevant country's embassy or immigration authority to check that they meet the host country's visa requirements well in advance of their travel.
The New Zealand government cannot resolve immigration violation issues for New Zealand travellers.
Posted:15 Mar 2016, 10:39
Latest News features
- Anzac Day 2017: GallipoliUpdated: 22 April 2017, 14:07 NZST
- Brazil: Yellow Fever outbreakUpdated: 10 April 2017, 15:53 NZST
- United States of America: Changes to entry requirementsUpdated: 23 March 2017, 11:21 NZDT
- Aviation security enhancements for flights to the United States and United KingdomUpdated: 22 March 2017, 16:08 NZDT
- Zika VirusReviewed: 17 March 2017, 11:24 NZDT