Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have announced they plan to suspend all flights to and from Qatar from 6 June 2017 until further notice. Qatar has also announced they plan to suspend all flights to and from these destinations.
New Zealanders travelling between Qatar and Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, or from New Zealand via Qatar to these destinations, are advised to contact their airline or travel agent to see if their bookings are affected and make alternative travel arrangements to reach their destination if necessary.
Normal entry requirements continue to apply for New Zealand passport holders for transit and entry to the United Arab Emirates, regardless of whether you also hold a Qatari residency.
- See the Bahrain travel advisory
- See the Egypt travel advisory
- See the Qatar travel advisory
- See the Saudi Arabia travel advisory
- See the United Arab Emirates travel advisory
Updated:2 Oct 2017, 13:40
Latest News features
- Spain: Protests and StrikesReviewed: 20 October 2017, 12:30 NZDT
- Indonesia: Bali: Mount Agung VolcanoReviewed: 7 October 2017, 18:15 NZDT
- Vanuatu: Ambae Island VolcanoReviewed: 7 October 2017, 18:00 NZDT
- Thailand: Royal CremationUpdated: 4 October 2017, 10:55 NZDT
- United States of America: Changes to entry requirementsReviewed: 2 October 2017, 13:52 NZDT