Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have announced they plan to suspend all flights to and from Qatar from 6 June 2017 until further notice. Qatar has also announced they plan to suspend all flights to and from these destinations.
New Zealanders travelling between Qatar and Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, or from New Zealand via Qatar to these destinations, are advised to contact their airline or travel agent to see if their bookings are affected and make alternative travel arrangements to reach their destination if necessary.
Normal entry requirements continue to apply for New Zealand passport holders for transit and entry to the United Arab Emirates, regardless of whether you also hold a Qatari residency.
Updated:15 Jun 2017, 14:12
Latest News features
- Spain: Incident in Las Ramblas, BarcelonaUpdated: 18 August 2017, 10:23 NZST
- Hajj Pilgrimage Updated: 14 August 2017, 14:25 NZST
- Travelling to Cuba from the United StatesUpdated: 2 August 2017, 15:12 NZST
- Venezuela: National Constituent Assembly ElectionsPosted: 28 July 2017, 16:29 NZST
- 2017 New Zealand General ElectionUpdated: 25 July 2017, 15:45 NZST