Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have announced they plan to suspend all flights to and from Qatar from 6 June 2017 until further notice. Qatar has also announced they plan to suspend all flights to and from these destinations.
New Zealanders travelling between Qatar and Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, or from New Zealand via Qatar to these destinations, are advised to contact their airline or travel agent to see if their bookings are affected and make alternative travel arrangements to reach their destination if necessary.
Additional travel restrictions may also be applied to residents from Qatar, regardless of nationality, planning to enter or transit the UAE.
Updated:15 Jun 2017, 14:12
Latest News features
- Spain: WorldPride 2017Updated: 21 June 2017, 11:30 NZST
- Zika VirusReviewed: 20 June 2017, 17:00 NZST
- Qatar: Flight suspensionUpdated: 15 June 2017, 14:12 NZST
- Spain: Advice regarding running of the bulls 2017Updated: 13 June 2017, 15:00 NZST
- The Pacific: Dengue Fever outbreakUpdated: 22 May 2017, 13:37 NZST