The world is responding to an active outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We now advise that all New Zealanders do not travel overseas at this time due to the outbreak of COVID-19, associated health risks and travel restrictions. Due to the difficulty travellers are experiencing returning home, New Zealanders overseas need to take steps to stay safely where they are and shelter in place.
For more information on COVID-19 , please see our COVID-19 (coronavirus) page.
Our most up to date advice on returning home can be found here. For information on border restrictions see the Immigration New Zealand website and factsheet on COVID-19. You can also call Immigration New Zealand on 0508 225 288 (within New Zealand) or +64 9 952 1679 (outside New Zealand).
Reviewed:16 Apr 2020, 17:20
Latest News features
- COVID-19: Advice for New Zealanders OverseasReviewed: 27 May 2020, 11:29 NZST
- Assisted Departure (Repatriation) FlightsReviewed: 27 April 2020, 14:00 NZST
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus)Reviewed: 16 April 2020, 17:20 NZST
- Middle East: Regional TensionsReviewed: 17 March 2020, 13:56 NZDT
- Chile: Civil UnrestReviewed: 3 March 2020, 12:53 NZDT