Between 5-7 April 2019, all domestic and international passenger flights to and from Istanbul Ataturk Airport were transferred to the new Istanbul Airport. Both airports were scheduled to cease operations temporarily during this transition period, possibly resulting in flight delays and cancellations.
If you are set to travel from Istanbul Airport around this time, we recommend arriving well in advance of your flight’s scheduled departure time. We also recommend contacting your airline to confirm the status of your flights.
Istanbul’s Sabiha Gokcen Airport, on the Asian Side, will remain operational during this time.
New Zealanders in or heading to Turkey are advised to take this opportunity to update or register their travel on the SafeTravel website.
Reviewed:12 Mar 2019, 15:45
Latest News features
- Sri Lanka - Explosions in and near ColomboUpdated: 23 April 2019, 11:36 NZST
- Anzac Day 2019: Gallipoli CommemorationsReviewed: 8 April 2019, 16:55 NZST
- Advice for New Zealanders overseasPosted: 18 March 2019, 14:10 NZDT
- Istanbul, Turkey: Airport OpeningReviewed: 12 March 2019, 15:45 NZDT
- Are you a New Zealander living in the UK or travelling to the UK?Reviewed: 1 March 2019, 14:45 NZDT