Since 28 December 2017 there have been demonstrations in several cities across Iran. These protests remain unpredictable and there have been reports of violence and fatalities. New Zealanders in Iran are advised to remain vigilant, avoid demonstrations and large crowds, and monitor local media to stay informed of developments. Our Travel Advisory for Iran has not changed.
New Zealanders requiring consular assistance can contact the New Zealand Embassy in Tehran on +98 21 2612 2175 or 0044 207 6601157 (via London) or email@example.com.
Reviewed:17 Jan 2018, 17:00
Latest News features
- South Korea: Pyeongchang Winter Olympics 2018Reviewed: 17 January 2018, 17:05 NZDT
- Iran - Civil UnrestReviewed: 17 January 2018, 17:00 NZDT
- Travelling in the Festive SeasonReviewed: 17 January 2018, 16:55 NZDT
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 17 January 2018, 16:50 NZDT
- Dengue Fever outbreakUpdated: 17 January 2018, 16:45 NZDT