We currently advise that all New Zealanders do not travel overseas at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic, associated health risks and travel restrictions. Due to the difficulty travellers are experiencing returning home, some New Zealanders overseas may need to stay safely where they are.
Up to date advice for New Zealanders who are currently overseas can be found here. For information about managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) in New Zealand please refer to the MIQ website. For information on border restrictions in New Zealand see the Immigration New Zealand website and factsheet on COVID-19. You can also call Immigration New Zealand on 0508 225 288 (within New Zealand) or +64 9 952 1679 (outside New Zealand).
Reviewed:13 Aug 2020, 17:20
Latest News features
- Tonga: Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai EruptionPosted: 17 January 2022, 14:01 NZDT
- Quarantine-Free TravelReviewed: 14 January 2022, 10:43 NZDT
- SafeTravel SupportReviewed: 23 December 2021, 10:30 NZDT
- Reconnecting New Zealand: update 21 DecemberUpdated: 22 December 2021, 22:11 NZDT
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 9 November 2021, 10:26 NZDT